Thursday, October 21, 2010

Long, Impatient Day

Long day. I'm not one to complain about my day, but it has been a long day. God knows how to test my patience beyond my ability to be patient within myself. Everything from people to cooking food. That's what I do for a living, I cook food. I'm not a chef, and I'm not a professional cook. I am not even an aid. I'm the guy that cooks omelettes and asks the costumer how they are. Needless to say, an easy job. I have never been someone to dislike costumer service, and I will never complain about it, I enjoy it, and I hope I always will.
This being the case, I will move on. People try my patience, and this only because they insist on making sure their lives end up in the worst possible condition. I encountered four of them today, three of them fall into that category. I do not know why people want to waste their lives on things which are not truth. No, I take that back, we are all born God-haters, so I know why they do not want truth, but I have seen them seek truth, or at the very least, I have seen them appear to seek it. I suppose, in all truth (no pun intended) I understand where they are at, but I still cannot agree that they are justified in being there. This leads to a difficulty in wanting to understand them. I don't want to say that I do. In some way or another, I have no desire to say that I understand them, because I am afraid that they will take that to mean that I approve of what they are doing with their life.

1 comment:

  1. i think there's a difference between understanding someone and being able to identify with them. understanding is difficult without identification with a situation because if you can't identify, you can't understand. they're intimately connected. and honestly, i don't think you have to understand someone and agree with what they're doing. i may understand why something makes someone angry, but it doesn't mean i approve of that anger. there's a distinction. i think you can certainly identify and understand where someone is coming from, but you don't always agree with what they're doing.

    ReplyDelete