Monday, October 25, 2010

Lost Phone...

I lost my phone yesterday. It made for a bad day. I began to think about the difficulties of patience. Again. I wondered if perhaps each of the difficulties I have in life is truly a blessing, and I simply fail at exploiting them.

See, I have been having trouble with my phone lately. My phone does not, and never will, work as a USB storage device. I know this, because I have practiced using it as one, and after much research, I found that my phone can never be used as a USB device.

The wonderful company Sprint informed me that they would be willing to replace my phone (which, by the way, was stolen) for the small sum of $100, the amount of my rebate for my previous phone. I officially love Sprint. The phone they replaced my first phone with is a HTC Hero. The HTC Hero has a Google operating system. As a result, the phone is usable as a USB device. This, in many ways, is a blessing.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that, as the wonderful, selfish, lazy American that I am, I am happy with the fact that God chose to give me what I wanted. I am not a follower of the prosperity gospel. In fact, I am not even close. I will be blessed that day that God takes from me everything that does not matter. I would rather live that way. What I am saying is that I was going to need a flash drive here soon, as a result of a few video projects due this Christmas. God provided one, through a mistake that I made. This is a blessing.

Perhaps it sounds like this is a rather expensive flash drive. But that may be the point. God has to talk pretty loud for us to listen. Let us face it, we are stubborn people. We don't like to hear what God has to say about our lives. In fact, many of us hate it enough to claim He does not exist, even when the depths of our heart we see Him as imminent, and we have just hardened our hearts. As a result of a lack of hearing, God has to talk loud, even sometimes painfully, for us to hear.

So. I lost my phone yesterday. I learned that I am impatient, and untrusting of God's plan. And, God chose to bless me with a new phone, despite my incompetence. The greater of the two was learning about the kingdom of God, and how small I am in comparison. May God bless me again soon.


The Righteous Shall Live by Faith,

Nate

P.S.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTc_FoELt8s

1 comment:

  1. "God has to talk pretty loud for us to listen."

    Kinda like Lewis' quote about suffering being God's megaphone? That's how He talks loud.

    ReplyDelete