Thursday, October 14, 2010

New Blog!

Welcome to Eternal Shade of Crimson.

Some time ago, a good friend of mine encoraged me to start a blog, containing my various works for people to see. I promptly informed him that no one would desire to read such a blog. Nonetheless, I have begun a blog, following his advise, and will seek with everything I have to update the blog on a regular basis. In time, perhaps I will be proved wrong, and him right. That is the hope at least. for now, I leave this poem, that signifies why I write, and where I write from. Enjoy. and Welcome again.

Every Shade of Silver

Trace my heart in colors gray,
Before the final break of day.
When words are absent, love is dead;
And not a single tear is shed

For all I've bled, and all I've lost,
And all that unsaid things have cost.
The moon is rising, bringing hope
To this lone soul who's trying to cope.

And if that silver globe, my light,
Will shine upon this silver night;
Then every shade of silver come
And show me what I've left undone.

Then break my heart, for I am broken,
By all the things that I have spoken,
And for the times that I have lied
I should have bled, for I have died.

And though as living dead I walk,
And with the living dead I talk,
The silver light will wake the dead,
And so recall the words unread.

So I'll console my restless pen,
And free my heart from timeless den.
So every shade of silver light,
Will reach the page through what I write.

2 comments:

  1. great poem my good friend, i wish i could wright like this, but i do some good stuff myself, but anyway, was very good, and i like the ending, keep up the good work! btw its nick travis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the poem is awesome of course. I've thought of putting some of my poems on my blog but I'm not sure what all the logistics are with copyright and all that. : P (This is Monica if you haven't guessed.)

    ReplyDelete